The Police Special Fraud Unit (PSFU) has arrested some desperate Nigerians who were involved in Visa Fraud.
1. A petition from U.S. Consulate General, Lagos dated 9th July 2014, alleged that one Adegbola Abiodun Esther with Date of Birth 31/12/1988 appeared at U.S. Consulate General for Non-Immigrant Visa Interview with forged Canadian Visa, Turkish Visa, and Angola Visa with entry and exit stamp claimed to have visited the said countries. Investigation revealed that the said visas were purportedly forged by her boyfriend, one Oloni Olufemi Olawale, to fraudulently obtain the United States Visa and that she paid him N100,000.00 for all the fake Visas.
2. Also the petitioner alleged that on 10th July 2014, one Akinlade Olugbenga with Passport No. A0573775 appeared for a U.S. Immigrant Visa Interview with fake name – Awoleye Oluwamuyiwa Tope with Date Of Birth – 01/01/1982. The suspect knowingly and fraudulently appeared at the U.S. Embassy to steal the identity of the real winner of the diversity visa lottery.
3. Similarly, on 11th July 2014, one Adewole Tanwa Fatimah ‘F’ whose real name is Adeniyi Motunrayo appeared at the U.S. Embassy with one Adewole Adeyemi Oluwaseun for a diversity visa interview. The suspect appeared at the embassy to steal the identity of the real winner of the diversity visa lottery.
4. Also one Omoyemi Bamikole Olaiya with Date of Birth – 22/01/1984 whose real name is Samuel Ojo with Date of Birth – 1/2/1984 appeared for a diversity visa lottery. He knowingly and fraudulently appeared at the Embassy to steal the identity of the real winner.
5. In another development, the U.S. Consulate alleged that one Ibenne Emmanuel Nkem on 15th July 2014 came to the Embassy for U.S. Immigrant Visa with Nigeria E-passport No. A05593775. Suspect’s real name is Ogundipe Temidayo Emmanuel with Date of Birth – 02/01/1983. The suspect’s intention was to defraud the real winner of the DV Lottery.
6. Again, one Babatunde Oluropo Abiola and Babatunde Alexandra Adenike presented forged Bio-data, wedding pictures, marriage certificate and fake result to the embassy. Their real names are Oguntimehin Olanike with Date of Birth – 03/05/1984 and Aderoju Olayinka Eunice.
7. Also one Aderoju Adebayo Qasim and Aderoju Olayinka Eunice presented forged Bio-data and fake document to the U.S. embassy for immigrant visa. Their real names are Oyewole Emmanuel Tunde with Date of Birth – 10/8/1985 and Abelese Eunice Olayinka – Date of Birth 20/12/1988. Both suspects fraudulently appeared at the embassy to steal the identity of the real winner of the Diversity Visa Lottery.
8. On 16th July 2014, one Christiana Oweyu Omagu, a female Nigerian – American citizen appeared before the U.S. Consulate General in pursuance of U.S. passport for a male child. Investigation revealed that the suspect and her husband, Donald Omagu are not the real biological parent of the child, they needed the passport to traffic the child to U.S.A.
9. Finally on 17th July 2014, one Idrisu Tella Martins, an impostor appeared at the embassy for Immigrant Visa with Nigeria e-passport No. A05870003. Investigation revealed that he is not the winner of the Diversity Visa Lottery.
Investigation is on-going. All suspects will be charged to court soonest to serve as a deterrent to other intending visa fraudsters.